Polaris Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center follows all guidelines as directed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as well as our local and state health departments. We continue to adhere to the latest advisories with our top priority remaining as always to ensure the health, safety and well-being of all residents and staff at Polaris Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center.
We have implemented precautionary measures to ensure appropriate care is delivered to our residents in a safe, sanitary environment, including:
- Visitors can arrange 30-minute window visits with residents. To schedule, contact Michael Ferracci (302-503-7650 ext. 4009).
- All deliveries are carefully accepted at designated areas only.
- Communal dining and group activities are permitted as long as the resident is off quarantine and social distancing is possible.
- All staff and visiting health care professionals wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing direct care as well as during all other duties throughout the work day.
- Screening of all staff and other health care professionals for COVID-19 symptoms, including taking temperatures, prior to the start of their shifts or before entering the facility.
- Assessing all residents based on COVID-19 based care guidelines for physicians and nursing personnel.
- Daily aggressive cleaning procedures that include regular disinfection of all surfaces and common touch points.
The facility will continue to work with local and state Department of Public Health and provide any additional updates to residents and their family members. For additional information regarding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), please view the CDC’s website – www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html